New Particle Tracing Features in COMSOL® 5.3 Webinar - Archived
Tune into this webinar to learn about the particle tracing functionality available in version 5.3 of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. For users of the Particle Tracing Module, the latest version of COMSOL Multiphysics® includes:
- New boundary conditions for plane symmetry, sector symmetry, and periodicity
- A dedicated Rotating Frame feature to compute particle trajectories in rotating frames of reference
- Options to release particles at random initial positions and with initial velocities following a Lambertian distribution
- A built-in Thermionic Emission feature to model the emission of electrons from a hot cathode
- Improved lift and drag forces to accurately model particle motion in pipes and flow channels
- New Application Library examples
- Higher-quality particle trajectory plots
During the webinar, you will hear more about this and other exciting news as well as see a live demonstration of the new functionality. You can ask questions throughout the presentation or during the Q&A session at the end.
Archived Webinar Details
COMSOL, Inc. Chris Boucher is the technical product manager for the Particle Tracing Module and Ray Optics Module. He received his BS degree in aerospace engineering and physics from Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) before joining COMSOL in 2012.